Lately as things have been so wonderfully quiet, I have indulged myself in one of my favorite pastimes. Essentially I have played hermit over the last few weeks. I can go days without leaving the house. I don’t know why it doesn’t bother me but, it doesn’t. I have reached that point where I have pretty much everything I want around me and invariably can find numerous ways to amuse myself with each new day.
I don’t get as much done as I would like with each day, that bothers me a bit. Yesterday is a good case in point. Over the course of the day I:
This was not what I would consider a productive day. Sometimes, I have these gloriously productive days when somehow I manage to sweep down the list of things to do without little or no effort and when I reach the end of the day I find myself extremely satisfied. Those days just don’t happen as often as I would like.
- Made brownies
- Worked on logo designs for this contest I am entering (I finished a second submission having sent the first off last week and got a little further along with a few other ideas)
- Made a few necessary phonecalls
- Napped
- Cleaned a little bit (but nowhere near as much as I need to)
- Spent too much time on the internet
- Sorted through some paperwork
I am still trying to figure out why that is. Why my energy level varies to such an extent. If the tendency is something unique to my situation or if it is something everyone faces...
If you can believe it I started this draft back in September of 2006 so I imagine it speaks volumes to just how incredibly anti-social a person I am.
As I write this I have been feeling this acute ennui of late and I am trying to figure out why that is the case. The doxxing thing really bothered me and I’m on the cusp of taking the steps I need to limit the effects of it.
Right now over the last few weeks I can honestly say I’ve been in a bad mood at a time of year when I should be happy as a clam. Baseball is back on and the Mets are in first place. We are on the cusp of summer probably my favorite time of year and the days are gloriously long.
I don’t know...
Any kind of excess is bad and I’ve been lacking of late for distraction or company maybe. I’ve spent far too many days just toiling away working and not having the energy to do things that need to get done the way I want to get them done or on the schedule I need to get hem done on and work? Well, I try desperately not to talk about that.
I want to go out but if I go out I spend money and I don’t want to spend money right now so where does that leave me?
I think I need to start exercising because it will help me in a number of ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment